‘Biggest mistake’ Lottery winners make revealed by advisor – it’s not what you think

- Advertisement -spot_imgspot_img
- Advertisement -spot_imgspot_img

EXCLUSIVE: Kathy Garrett has worked as a winner advisor for the National Lottery for 16 years and helped one lucky punter decide what to do with the £195million they won

The “biggest mistake” made by Lottery winners is “rushing” to spend and give away their newly acquired millions. Kathy Garrett works as a Winner Advisor for the National Lottery travelling the country helping new millionaires come to terms with their new life.

She has been handing out life changing sums of money for nearly 16 years and advised the winner of a whopping £195million Euro millions jackpot. Kathy told the Daily Star that a big part of her job is “slowing things down” so winners avoid mistakes.

She said: “I think the biggest mistake some people make is just to act too quickly without thinking. The best advice is to take things slowly.

“Overnight, people want to give lots of money away and want to buy that new house. They need to take stock.

“They need to take time, take it slowly, think about what they want to do just to help them to make the right decisions and right choices. So I think the biggest mistake is rushing too soon.”

She added: “I can understand it because they’ve suddenly come into this money and they want to help people, they want to give a lot away, but actually they need to understand what they need for themselves first before they start giving money away and maybe buying a house that’s not right for them.”

The veteran National Lottery advisor said: “But that’s where the team of winners advisors come in to just try and slow things down.”

It comes as Brits have been warned there’s currently £14,753,323 up for grabs. An updated list of unclaimed National Lottery prizes shows that the value of prizes still looking for winners is now one of the highest ever.

And among the big list is a whopping Lotto prize of £10,633,323, said to have been won on a Match 6 prize by someone in the London Borough of Bexley. That winner has until April 2, 2026 to claim with a winning ticket showing the numbers 6, 8, 12 , 33, 49, 59 and bonus ball 42.

There are three EuroMillions UK Millionaire Maker prizes, up from the list released just last month, also unclaimed, with one in Birmingham (VLPL28287) and one in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole (Unitary Authority) under the winning number HPCF58869.

  • Tonight’s EuroMillions jackpot is estimated at £157M, for more information on The National Lottery and its games visit www.national-lottery.co.uk

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletters.

#Biggest #mistake #Lottery #winners #revealed #advisor

- Advertisement -spot_imgspot_img

Latest news

- Advertisement -spot_img

Related news

- Advertisement -spot_img

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here